Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Grace!

many many years ago, while watching Ally McBeal, there was an episode where Ally was freaking out 'cos she was turning 30!! she was truly upset 'cos she felt like she hasn't achieve most of the goals that she had set for herself at earlier age ... and YES, the aforementioned episode is happening to me NOW! i m THIRTY! And to me, YUP, IT IS A BIG DEAL!! i checked my birth cert twice plus ic thrice, and it still appears to be true. to be honest, I am feeling a bit traumatized.

i used to tell myself that, by the age of thirty ... forty ... fifty ... or whatever arbitrary number i am approaching, that I am finally going to be successful, well-to-do, slim & fit, balanced, own a property, debt-free and etc. but as of this morning, few if any signs of that ... sigh ... every time when birthday candles approached, when we assess our achievements, we usually discovered that we haven't accomplish any of the what so called goals and in reverse we have actually missed out lots and lots of time in life. time becomes so so so precious as we aged. gosh ...

well, of cos i am married (is this a kind of achievement?), with a loving hubby and given birth to a lovely daughter ... i had an amazing year 'cos of the arrival of little chloe. i enjoyed every moment being together with dear hubby, little chloe, papa mommy and my 2 dearest sisters ... all these are invaluable and am absolutely contented about The FAMILY part, but the rest are just ... CHAOTIC ...

last year birthday, i was pregnant, i told myself ... "i am going to breastfeed my little one till 1 yr old (failed, only breastfed for 3 months)" ... "i am going to take up prenatal yoga lessons for consistently half a year (failed, due to laziness, only went for few sessions)" ... "i am going to be less spendthrift, hope to achieve at least SGDXXk of savings on my own (failed, still spent a lot and the figure keeps dropping)" ... "finally own a property (failed, still sourcing)" ... "want to bring papa mommy and sisters to go for short vacation on exotic island or australia or korea or wherever it is that suitable for family trip (failed, 'cos I found myself pregnant)" ... hiaks ... i wouldn't want to simply reiterate the same old one I made during last birthday, however, perhaps i shd make my goals a little bit more achievable and accommodating ... otherwise I will be left with devastated dreams at the end of the day, when i reached 50, 60, 70 ... I would still be dreaming about being rich, slim, stress-free, balanced ... so on and so on ...

so ... what're my goals for this coming whole year? ... hehe ... I would want to keep it a secret ... ya ya ... u r right ... 不能说的秘密 ... Let's make a deal here, one year from now, we r going to discuss how different our lives have become ... bet you things will look quite differ ...

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY, GRACE!

No comments: